Welcome to St. John the Evangelist
These are exciting times for Saint John the Evangelist Catholic Church. We have a growing parish that is committed to fulfilling our mission through faithfulness to Church teaching, evangelization, and preparing our youth to be good Catholic Christian leaders in the world.
As stewards of God's love, we provide numerous opportunities for individuals to use and develop their gifts (time, talent, and treasure) for the greater honor and glory of God.
Enjoy your visit to our website, and if you are planning a visit to Daylight, or just passing through, we welcome you to come and pray with us.
SAVE THE DATE!
CDA Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon roll orders will be ready to pick up after Mass May 7 & 8.
Mother-Daughter Banquet, May 11, 6:00 pm.
Invite all of the special ladies in your life for an evening of great food and fellowship! $5.00 per person (12 and younger, free), payable at the door.
12-County Catholic Community at the Ford Center in Evansville on May 14
Doors open at 2 pm, 2:30-3:30 pm - Personal Reconciliation, 3-3:30 pm - Concert by parish & school choirs, 3:30 pm - Community Rosary, 4 pm - Mass concelebrated by Bishop Thompson and priests of the Diocese of Evansville. Recognition of couples celebrating more than 50 years of marriage in 2016 are especially invited to be a part of the event because they will be recognized during Mass since there will be no Diocesan Golden Jubilee Mass this year. Transportation will be provided from the Civic Center parking lot to the Ford Center for those who need assistance. No other Vigil Masses will be celebrated in the diocese on May 14.
Blood Drive Sunday, May 22
Sign up in the Commons. Blood drive will take place in the gym from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm.
Picnic with the Bishop, Wednesday, May 25
Anyone in high school or older is welcome to attend. Gather 4:00 pm, Mass 4:30, Dinner 6:00 pm.
- Father Chris Forler, Pastor
- David Rice, Deacon & Business Manager
- Richard Leibundguth, Deacon & RCIA Coordinator
- Joel Padgett, Parish Catechetical Leader
- Lisa Spitz, Administrative Secretary
- Jane Young, Part-Time Secretary
- Paula Rice, Bookkeeper
- Berny Heitzman, Director of Music & Liturgy
- George Smiljanich, Maintenance
- Wade Lovell, Volunteer Youth Ministers
- Kelli Lovell, Volunteer Youth Ministers
- Traci Davis, Preschool Director/Teacher
- Kelly Hamilton, Preschool Teacher
- Angie Owens, Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Becky Lasher, Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Elaine Ritzert, Organist
Justice Scalia Funeral Mass and Homily
Click here to watch Justice Scalia's Funeral Mass
Click here to watch Justice Scalia's Son, Fr. Paul D. Scalia's Homily