Welcome to St. John the Evangelist
We have a growing parish that is committed to fulfilling our mission through faithfulness to Church teaching, evangelization, and preparing people to be good Catholic Christian leaders in the world. As stewards of God's love, we provide numerous opportunities for individuals to use and develop their gifts (time, talent, and treasure) for the greater honor and glory of God. If you are visiting Daylight, or just passing through, we welcome you to come and pray with us.
Parish Directives Regarding Resumption of Public Mass (updated May 20, 2020)
- It is recommended that those 65 and older stay home, as well as those with serious medical problems.
- We will continue live-streaming Mass for those who cannot be present.
- Before and after Mass, please do not congregate inside the building.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter and leave the church.
- Wearing of facemasks is encouraged but not required.
- Please do not sit in pews marked with a blue “X” on the seat.
- Maintain 6-foot spacing between family units in the same pew and if you come forward to receive Holy Communion.
- Continue to refrain from shaking hands.
- Communion will be distributed by the priest and deacon, one section at a time.
- Collection will be dropped in the basket on the way out of Mass.
- Dismissal will be done one pew at a time from the front pew back.
- The Bishop has extended the dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass at least through August 15. Similarly, no one is obliged to receive Holy Communion. Please determine what is best for you to do in light of recommendations and be considerate of others.
- The Blessed Sacrament will continue to be reposed in the Saint Clare Perpetual Adoration Chapel until the Bishop restores the obligation to attend Mass, which is at least until August 15. There will be adoration and benediction in the Church on Wednesdays from 5–6 pm.
Watch Mass online. Each day Mass at St. John, Daylight, is live-streamed through our Parish Facebook page. You do not need a Facebook account in order to watch. Click here.
EWTN. Even if you don't have a TV subscription with EWTN, you can always watch EWTN for free, both live and on demand, through the EWTN app and website. In addition to TV, you will find excellent Catholic news, radio, etc. Click here for EWTN.COM.
FORMED. The Catholic Faith. On Demand. Get thousands of Catholic movies, programs, audio, and books instantly. Materials for all age groups. Free subscription for our parishioners. No codes or passwords necessary. If you already have a FORMED account, simply sign in. If you don't yet have an account, sign up and select "I Belong to a Parish or Organization." The easiest way to find St John, Daylight, is by our zip code: 47725. Click here for FORMED.ORG.
- Father Chris Forler, Pastor
- Vince Bernardin, Deacon
- Richard Leibundguth, Deacon
- Paula Jordan, Bookkeeper/Business Manager
- Berny Heitzman, Director of Music/Liturgy
- George Smiljanich, Maintenance
- Elaine Ritzert, Organist
- Drew Wilson, Organist
- Joel Padgett, Parish Catechetical Leader
- Becky Lasher, Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Angie Owens, Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Traci Davis, Preschool Director/Teacher
- Allison Scheu, Preschool Teacher
- Jane Young, Secretary
- Wade Lovell, Youth Minister
Mass and Reconciliation Times
Saturday, 5:00 pm
Sunday, 7:00 am and 10:00 am
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:00 am
Wednesday, 6:00 pm (Adoration, 5:00–6:00 pm)
First Saturday, 8:00 am
Saturday, 4:00–4:45 pm
Sunday, 6:15–6:45 am
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 7:15–7:45 am
Wednesday, 5:15–5:45 pm
And by appointment
Sign-up for Parish News
To receive parish emails and/or text messages via Flocknote:
Text StJohnDaylight to 84576
New Members - Parish Registration
Download and print parish registration forms: Click Here
You can visit the Diocese webpage for more information: Click Here.
Reminder when making a payment: Checks will need to be made payable to Stewards of God's Grace. Mail to: P.O. Box 4169, Evansville, IN 47724-0169.