Welcome to St. John the Evangelist Catholic Parish
We have a growing parish that is committed to fulfilling our mission through faithfulness to Church teaching, evangelization, and preparing people to be good Catholic Christian leaders in the world. As stewards of God's love, we provide numerous opportunities for individuals to use and develop their gifts (time, talent, and treasure) for the greater honor and glory of God. If you are visiting Daylight, or just passing through, we welcome you to come and pray with us.
Watch Mass online. Each day Mass at St. John, Daylight, is live-streamed at the scheduled Mass times through our Parish webcam. Click here.
Parish Directives Regarding the Use of Face Coverings (updated August 3, 2020)
On July 24, 2020, Indiana Governor Holcomb issued Executive Order 20-37, which outlines statewide face covering requirements. The executive order includes the following exemption: "any person attending or engaged in a religious service as he or she must already maintain six feet of social distancing from another person not in the same household." Therefore, the Diocese of Evansville does not anticipate changes to its existing guidelines regarding the celebration of Mass. However, please note that other parish events and meetings are subject to the face-covering requirement.
Regarding the celebration of Mass at our Parish, face coverings are required at the 5:00 pm Saturday Mass. However, at the Sunday Masses or during the daily Masses, face coverings are not required, although they are highly encouraged. If you are attending the 5:00 pm Saturday Mass, please bring your own mask with you. If you do not wish to wear a mask, we would ask that you please attend one of the Sunday Masses.
Parish Directives Regarding Resumption of Public Mass (updated August 3, 2020)
- It is recommended that those 65 and older stay home, as well as those with serious medical problems.
- We continue live-streaming Mass (during regular scheduled Mass times) for those who cannot be present. The link is located above.
- Before and after Mass, please do not congregate inside the building.
- Please use hand sanitizer when you enter and leave the church.
- Face coverings are required for the 5:00 pm Saturday Masses. During the Sunday Masses and daily Masses, they are highly encouraged, but not required.
- Please do not sit in pews marked with a blue “X” on the seat.
- Maintain 6-foot spacing between family units in the same pew.
- Continue to refrain from shaking hands.
- Communion will be distributed by the priest and deacon. Please do not form a line for communion. They will go between the pews to distribute communion.
- Collection will be dropped in the basket on the way out of Mass.
- Please maintain 6-foot spacing between family units when exiting the Church.
- Bishop Siegel has extended the dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass in the Diocese of Evansville until November 1, 2020. The dispensation is intended to help protect the health and well-being of: those 65 and older and those of any age with underlying health conditions; those who are caring for or living with these individuals; those who have serious concerns about the health risks of coming to church for the celebration of the Eucharist. These persons are urged to continue to participate in the Sunday liturgy via live stream or other media. While this dispensation applies to all Catholics, parishioners not under these risk factors are encouraged to attend Mass, following the health protocols put in place by their respective parishes.
- The Blessed Sacrament will continue to be reposed in the Saint Clare Perpetual Adoration Chapel until the Bishop restores the obligation to attend Mass. There is Eucharistic Adoration in the Church from Monday–Friday from 9 am–4 pm, as well as Adoration and Benediction in the Church on Wednesdays from 5–6 pm.
EWTN. Even if you don't have a TV subscription with EWTN, you can always watch EWTN for free, both live and on demand, through the EWTN app and website. In addition to TV, you will find excellent Catholic news, radio, etc. Click here for EWTN.COM.
FORMED. The Catholic Faith. On Demand. Get thousands of Catholic movies, programs, audio, and books instantly. Materials for all age groups. Free subscription for our parishioners. No codes or passwords necessary. If you already have a FORMED account, simply sign in. If you don't yet have an account, sign up and select "I Belong to a Parish or Organization." The easiest way to find St John, Daylight, is by our zip code: 47725. Click here for FORMED.ORG.
- Father Chris Forler, Pastor
- Vince Bernardin, Deacon
- Richard Leibundguth, Deacon
- Paula Jordan, Bookkeeper/Business Manager
- Berny Heitzman, Director of Music/Liturgy
- George Smiljanich, Maintenance
- Elaine Ritzert, Organist
- Drew Wilson, Organist
- Joel Padgett, Parish Catechetical Leader
- Becky Lasher, Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Angie Owens, Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Traci Davis, Preschool Director/Teacher
- Allison Scheu, Preschool Teacher
- Jane Young, Secretary
- Wade Lovell, Youth Minister
Mass and Reconciliation Times
Saturday, 5:00 pm
Sunday, 7:00 am and 10:00 am
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8:00 am
Wednesday, 6:00 pm (Adoration, 5:00–6:00 pm)
First Saturday, 8:00 am
Saturday, 4:00–4:45 pm
Sunday, 6:15–6:45 am
Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 7:15–7:45 am
Wednesday, 5:15–5:45 pm
And by appointment
Sign-up for Parish News
To receive parish emails and/or text messages via Flocknote:
Text StJohnDaylight to 84576
New Members - Parish Registration
Download and print parish registration forms: Click Here
You can visit the Diocese webpage for more information: Click Here.
Reminder when making a payment: Checks will need to be made payable to Stewards of God's Grace. Mail to: P.O. Box 4169, Evansville, IN 47724-0169.