Contact: Mary Shetler, Youth Minister, (812) 459-4420, or [email protected]
Click here for the complete 2021-2022 Registration Packet. The packet includes a calendar, detailed information, and a registration form for Youth Ministry, Religious Education, and Sacramental Preparation for First Reconciliation and Communion, as well as for Confirmation.
9th – 12th Grade Youth MINISTRY: Wednesdays, 6 – 8 P.m.
- Our regular Youth Ministry meetings, called “Apostle Nights,” start on Wednesday, August 18. They integrate both High School Religious Education and Confirmation Preparation and are held in the Gym at St. John the Evangelist.
- “Apostle Nights” are held every Wednesday, except the first Wednesday of every month, our youth group helps serve a meal at the United Caring Shelter on the first Wednesdays of the month. We will also not be meeting on the following dates Sept 22, Nov. 24, Dec. 8, Dec. 22, Dec. 29, and April 13.
- Youth must attend at least 75% of Apostle Nights, participate in 1 retreat (Source + Summit) and 1 service activity, and regularly attend Sunday Mass to receive Confirmation through our Parish. A family must be registered parishioners, as well as having been enrolled in a faith formation program during the previous school year.
- Mandatory Parent Meeting for Confirmation parents August 18, 7:00 pm in the Church.
- On the first Wednesday of every month, the youth ministry cooks and serves supper at United Caring Shelters (324 NW Sixth Street Evansville, IN 47708) from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Transportation is not provided.
- High School Safe Environment Training*: Wednesday, August 18, 2021
- Amazing Race Retreat at St. Meinrad: Sunday, August 22, 2022, we will leave St. John the Evangelist at 8:00 am and attend Mass with the monks, and come back sometime after dinner that evening.
- Youth Ministry Christmas Party: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
- Confirmation (10th grade and older): Saturday, May 7, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. Mass (arrive at 3:30 p.m.)
- “Source and Summit” Retreat: April 1-3, 2022, at Mater Dei High School (ages 13 and up)
- Graduation Mass & Cookout: June 1, 6:00 pm with a special blessing of the seniors followed by a cookout and games for all high schoolers.
- More details and information about other activities to be announced throughout the year!
Questions regarding Youth Ministry (or if you are an adult and would like to volunteer): Please contact Mary Shetler at (812)459-4420 (cell) or email [email protected] For questions specific to Confirmation, please contact Mary Shetler at 812-867-3718 (Parish Office) or email [email protected].